The Clinton County Poor Farm was located on the west side of State Route 127 just north of Carlyle. It appears the Poor Farm was established about 1854. A large house was built on the property about 1870. It appears the Poor Farm was in use at least through 1930 because 10 residents of the "Alms House" are listed in the 1930 census. The Clinton County Historical Society published an article on this cemetery in Volume 19, Number 4 of their Quarterly.
For more information on Poor Houses, see The Poorhouse Story (external link).
The records below come from three sources. First are the records of the 5 remaining concrete markers. Second is a list of known burials compiled from St. Mary's Church records. Third, also from the St. Mary's Church records, is a list of persons known to have died at the Poor Farm but buried in the St. Mary's Cemetery.