Read and copyright© by Gloria Dettleff and Dorothy Falk 24 Nov & 15 Dec 2001
Photos by Toni Kohrmann Nov 2011
St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery is located on the west side of the Stolletown Road, about half way between Peek Road and Spring Road. It appears, but is not confirmed, that the church was located on this location and has been removed. The older tombstones are at the back of the large lot. The newer stones are in the front. There are 100 feet of empty space between the two sections, we have assumed that this space will eventually be used for graves. For the purposes of this listing, we have numbered the rows that the empty space could have, to give a general feel for where the stones are located. We began the stone numbering on the left/south end of each row. We have also assumed that burials could be made in what appears to have been an old driveway in the back section. There are many grave spaces in the current rows with no stones. Some of the older stones are weather worn and difficult to read.
There is a brick and wrought iron fence across the front of the cemetery with the name of the cemetery and the date 16 Sep 1932 in the concrete. This fence might have been installed when the highway was constructed.
A history of the Church was published by the Clinton County Historical Society in Quarterly 14-2, Pages 71 and 72.
- S/w means Shares stone with.
- GHS means Government Head Stone for the Illinois Veterans' Commission use.