The Clinton County ILGenWeb
Project intends to be a totally free source of genealogical
information. We do not want to offend
anyone who publishes reference sources for a fee,
therefore we have established the following policy.
We absolutely respect copyrights. It is our intention that all material presented on this site is either
- presented with the permission of the copyright holder.
- in the public domain.
- not copyrightable.
- used under the "fair use provision" of copyright law.
If you find anything on this site that does not comply with this policy, Contact Us and we will take immediate action.
We adhere to the Copyright Policy of the USGenWeb Project (external link).
So you have questions. You want to submit something to our site but are concerned about copyright. Here are four rules to help you. The following items are acceptable:
- Materials you have written yourself and pictures you have taken.
- Materials older than 1923
- Statements of facts (not copies from somewhere else) such as tombstone information, public records, dates of birth, marriage, and death, and census data are not copyrightable.
- Materials along with a written statement from the copyright holder giving us permission to publish them on our web site.
If you have more Copyright Questions, just Contact Us.
Feel free to create a link to any information on this site that is useful to your research. If a link just won't do and you want to copy information from this site, please observe these rules:
- Copyright to all materials on this site remains with the original owner/submitter. Do not copy anything marked with an original copyright without first writing to us for permission.
- Even though materials may be in the public domain and not otherwise copyrighted, The Clinton County ILGenWeb Project has copyrighted the presentation of those materials. You must write us for permission should you desire to republish any of our materials.